News travels fast in the entertainment booking world. If someone is a “snake” and has…
Texas Sounds Entertainment, which has been booking quality acts since 1975 is evolving. It’s becoming TSE Entertainment or TSE for short. With the change comes expansion, new logo, new website and the latest in booking and marketing technology platforms.
The company, founded in 1975 by Mike Sandberg has been a trusted name in booking entertainers in Texas and surrounding states. In 2005, Mike (who still acts as a consultant for TSE) turned the reins over to Mike Black, who Texas Sounds Entertainment booked with his band for many years. Mike’s experience as a traveling entertainer gave him the ideal background to run Texas Sounds.
Mike Black continued to provide the quality of services that Texas Sounds had been noted for by venues and entertainers alike. Now Mike is bringing in a partner and new blood as Texas Sounds Entertainment expands and becomes TSE Entertainment or just TSE.
Bob Brecht, Ph.D. or “Doctor Bob” as folks like to call him is now a partner in the new venture. Bob has been in marketing and communications for more than 35 years. His entrepreneurial background includes television and music production; communications; and offline and online marketing.
Mike’s daughter, Glenda, is also joining the company as a booking and promotions agent. Glenda graduated summa cum laude from Texas A&M and has an education and marketing background.
Jim Wyly, an experienced entertainer with a marketing background will also continue in the new venture as a booking agent based out of Austin, Texas.
Matt Jessup will continue with the new company as its On-Site Logistics Coordinator. Look for other people to be added to TSE’s staff soon, including a booking agent to serve the Hispanic market.
With the change comes expansion of its offerings to venues and artists. Promoters and artists will have their own App to check on their upcoming gigs. Unlike other booking companies, TSE Entertainment is actively soliciting artists who meet their qualifications for booking and provides links on their website for artists looking for a booking agency.
TSE Entertainement will also increase its service area from Texas and the Southwest to a national footprint in the coming year. It will also expand its historical genre base to include any genre that will meet a client’s need.
TSE Entertainment will grow its ancillary services by putting in place agreements with a variety of vendors throughout the U.S. to assist in event production and logistics. The following are a condensed list of TSE services.
- Learning about, answering questions and informing you about the performance issues associated with your kind of event.
- Working with you to determine your specific wishes and then using our resources, working with your staff, to assure that they are carried out.
- Matching local, regional, and national artists to your budget, wishes and audience demographic. Once you approve recommended artists, TSE.
- Negotiate fees, contracts and riders, keeping your wishes and budgets in mind.
- Providing artist publicity materials, including photos, bios, and other promotion materials to market your event.
- Coordinating all arrangements for those performing at your events
- Providing on-site team member to handle entertainer logistics
- Working with your staff and artists until completion of the performance
Event Assistance Services:
- Event production & management
- Marketing & promotion
- Event website & social media presence & marketing
- Staging, sound equipment, lighting, staffing
- Video/photography event recording/post production
Per Mike Black; “This is an exciting time for Texas Sounds as we emerge as a larger, nimbler, and leading edge booking agency. I’m excited about being able to better serve our venues and artists, some of which we have been working with for well over 20 years.”
Check us out at www.tseentertainment.com or call us at 800-765-8203 between 9 A.M. to 6 P.M. Central Time. We are happy to talk to both old friends and new people who will join the ranks of our venue or artist friends.
Bob Brecht, Ph.D.