Title: Music Industry Marketing Intern
Location: Houston and/or Austin, Texas
TSE Entertainment, is looking for one or more interns to join its team. Intern will primarily focus on marketing entertainers and their shows, but will learn the entertainment booking industry from the ground up as well.
Who We Are: If you are reading this, you have already visited our website. We are an entertainment booking agency that has been booking both up-and-coming and world-renown acts since 1975. In 2018 we are undertaking a major expansion of our agency, from a technological, business and artist perspective.
If you are passionate and highly motivated; a self-starter who is resourceful in accomplishing objectives, then you may be the right fit for our rapidly growing agency. We offer you the opportunity to work from home or your dorm using collaborative tools such as Zoom, Asana, Dropbox, Google apps, Celebrity Access, etc.
TSE is seeking a part-time promotion Intern in the Houston/Austin area. Internships during school year are unpaid and students must receive college course credit.
- Learn how to compile local media lists and construct press releases
- Review, edit and maintain media partner information
- Review artist branding elements and suggest improvements
- Develop lists and conduct email marketing campaigns
- Implement social media marketing for events and artists using Hootsuite
- Implement affiliate and ad network marketing plans
- Write news releases and blog posts using SEO strategies.
- Conduct direct marketing campaign follow ups.
- Learn the process of booking talent for events
- Special projects
- Currently enrolled in an accredited community college, college or university
- Must be eligible for school credit (able to supply a letter from sponsor/administrator upon request)
- Majoring in marketing, communications, music business/management or a related field
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have an avid interest in music, knowledgeable about artists and genres, and an overall interest in learning about the music industry
- Must be able to commit to 12 – 20 hours per week
- Knowledge of social media sites and tools, and an active participant in social networking
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks while working in a virtual office environment.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, send you resume to Glendablack@tseentertaniment.com
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
TSE Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.